Monday, February 5, 2007

Another night in the dungeon...


So we are working on slides for a presentation due Wednesday... we still aren't quite close to being finished, but had done a lot of research towards it - and were redirected today by the professor. I managed to finish my leadership paper this weekend :), 4500 words. But for tomorrow I still need to read a case study and 2 chapters in one book and one chapter in another... I am behind, but so is the whole class or most of us anyway. Today looks like it will be another sleepless night.
Accounting... I have never taken a subject that I just didn't understand, until we started accounting. And when I understand one concept, it quickly changes to another topic... For accounting you must erase your mind of everything you know and all logic you have ever accepted (if you are an engineer at least), and start over. The frustration is compounded because you know what the answer is - but you have to do it in T- tables.... But thankfully we won't have another class until sometime next week.
Finance is much better... lots of numbers and formulas - I am happy.
This weekend we did manage to go out one night - to the best club we have found in Lausanne so far, Club Red. It was fun, I finished my Leadership paper at about 10:30pm on Saturday night and then went to the club at around midnight. We all stayed until the kicked us out at 5am. It was great to get out and do something else. There are pictures, so at some point - when I have a break, I will get organised and load them online.
I woke up at 10:30am, went running, and then started on the presentation that is do on Wednesday and polishing up my Leadership paper. I wish I could say I was behind because I wasn't organising my time well - but I think all I do is school work at all times, except for a few hours Saturday night. Even lunch today was spent discussing my start up company...
We are learning a lot, but we constantly feel behind - I don't think we will realise exactly how much we are learning until later.
There is talk of trying to leave this Saturday night and going to Verbier, to relax Saturday night and possibly ski Sunday... I guess we will see...
We get a 4 day weekend in March after exams... so soon a break will come, although I may sleep through the entire thing :)
Gotta run to read :)

No comments: