Saturday, February 10, 2007

A day off...

A day off... or kind of. It is strange here. 1 day here seem like 2... at least. This week we had a project (report and presentation) due Friday. This means I did not sleep Thursday putting together the report with my group. All-in-all, I think it was okay, but I can't claim that I really could write correctly or understand much when we were putting the final touches on the report Friday evening. I wanted to try to go skiing tomorrow - but I don't think it will happen. Today I am still feeling the affects of a day of no sleep - kind of the equivalent feeling of what I think it would be to be run over by a mack truck.
But all is well aside from that. Today we had class in the morning, economics. Our economics teacher is great. He teaches really well and he is hilarious. Lately he has started to pick on the sleeping people in class. Luckily I have not fallen asleep in class yet - but I have been up to 3 red bull in a day at times.
Tonight I was home trying to read - but was falling asleep, so I decided to come to school to catch up on some emails and call my parents. I don't think I have spoken to them since the beginning of last month. I have been here for a month, actually. In some ways it seems it has gone by really quickly, but in other ways it feels like I have known people here for a lot longer than that.
Right now I am sitting in a study room in the dungeon with 2 of my classmates, Mikhail (Russia) and OJ (Norway). Mikhail is doing work on his start-up project and OJ is doing accounting. I am feeling guilty for not working more tonight. OJ would like me to add he says hello to everyone :) .
Steve - "Survivor Lake Geneva" - Is great... It kinda feels like that, only sometimes we wish we could vote out a study group member... :) joking of course.
Our study groups... we are in groups of 7 or 8 who we do all our projects with. The idea is not to be democratic, but come to a consensus in our decisions. It is really interesting working with a group and we learn a lot from each other. That said, group work can be really painful sometimes... what could take you an hour by yourself can take 10 hours in the group. It might be 2am and you still don't agree and class starts at 8am, and you can never add anymore hours to the day... as much as we may wish.
Well now its late - and I was going to go to be early.

I loaded some pictures online, just of the club last week, and the people I am in school with. So they are at http://photos.yahoo.com/jah_8, in a folder called '2007-01 IMD in Jan' or something the like.
Also, if you would like to know what I am doing on a day by day basis, there are 2 students tasked with maintaining the IMD blog, Kudzi (who lives in my building) and Robert. The link is: http://www.imd.ch/programs/mba/programstructure/mba_diary.cfm

Thats all for now,
ttyl

No comments: