Sunday, January 28, 2007

another sunday afternoon

So this week like all others has been busy, but not so bad. We met on Wednesday with our start-up companies that we will be working with to help them formulate a business plan and develop their business. Because we went late, IMD provided us with a cocktail hour. Its cool because we get wine, beer and dinner. The waiter is cool, because he gives us the left over alcohol to take down to our study rooms. So I think we have drank (but not too much) every night this week. So college life part II now...
I can see the work starting to build up though. We have our start up projects, which will last until the end of May. In addition we have a market research project to do, due next Monday, which is about the disease management industry, and I have to write a 5000 word leadership essay. In addition we have a ton of reading this week, and case studies to evaluate... oh I forgot there is also a marketing project on cross border retail we have to do. So that is work life.
This weekend my friend Eva from Bulgaria was in town. Her boyfriend lives here and works for Philip Morris. So I went out with her Friday and Saturday night which was fun - and good as well because she wouldn't speak English to me, so I got to practice my Bulgarian, which has gone down somewhat - although I still understand everything. Friday night we went to the Whitehorse, which is a local pub near school, and from there went to a kind of dive bar named Jaggers. A few friends from IMD met up with us there and then we went to another club. We didn't get home until 5am. Thankfully this past Saturday we had no classes (the last time for a long time) so I got to sleep in some.
I went home Friday night to change, at about 10pm. I left a light on in my apartment. When I came home at 5am, the light was off and someone had put a vacuum cleaner nozzle/crevice tool in my sink drain. Really weird.
Last night was an early night, I got home at 1am. Eva and Martin (Eva's bf) and I just went to a pub and had a drink and then went home. I was planning on getting up early - but my body (after a week of 4 hours of sleep or so) declared otherwise. So I woke up at 11am, and then went over to Eva's and she made Martin, a Spanish friend of theirs and me breakfast :).
And now - as always - I am at school studying... Soon I will be going to the gym to run though.
That's about it for this week - I am off to write my leadership paper - I have no idea what I will write.

No comments: